We offer several different models for all types of academic environments. All of our models are based on current research and have been proven to increase literacy and comprehension skills by adapting the teaching and learning process to your students’ needs. And best of all, our materials have been evaluated and found worthy by reviewers at the University of Texas and Florida State University.
Meet Dr. Sarah
Dr. Sarah Beck Hawthorne is president and founder of AlphaSkills, Inc. She is a former elementary and secondary classroom teacher, as well as building and system administrator, and taught at the undergraduate and graduate college levels. Dr. Hawthorne earned a Bachelor’s degree from Mercer University and both a Master’s in Reading Education and Doctorate in Educational Administration from the University of Georgia. She and her husband, Fleming, reside in Jeffersonville, Georgia. They have one daughter and four grandchildren.
Dr. Sarah’s Accomplishments:
- Georgia Teacher of the Year, Runner-Up
- Georgia Reading Teacher of the Year
- Communities in Schools of Georgia Educational Leadership Award
- Outstanding Young Women of America
- Who’s Who of American Women
- Who’s Who in America
- President and Executive Director of Georgia Teachers of the Year Association
- President of Georgia Council of International Reading Association
- Chair of the Central Georgia Technical College Board of Directors
- Eighth Congressional District Commissioner and Vice-Chair of the Board of Commissioners Georgia Student Finance Commission
- Communities in Schools of Central Georgia Board of Directors
- Twiggs County Family Connection, Executive Committee
- Leadership Georgia: Education and Leadership Twiggs Graduate
- Twiggs County Chamber of Commerce, Education Committee
- City of Jeffersonville Downtown Development Authority, Chair
- Active member of her church, from teaching three year olds to Teacher Development classes
Celebrating 18 years of service to our wonderful educators, parents and students! We are honored to work with many schools that have earned state, regional, and national awards while using Read with Sarah.
2014 and 2008 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence:
2012 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence: