“Adaptations and Good Causes” Week 35 Fourth Grade
For a Good Cause (Non-fiction, Level 14, Stage 3) by Patricia Baehr
Animal Adaptations (Non-fiction, Level 14, Stage 3) by Lindsay A. Caputo
Fourth grade is almost over! I really can’t believe it’s true that my little guy is about to be a fifth grader, and I am so proud of all he has learned this year! We’ve had some tears and lots of laughs, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. So much learning and quality time together, and I feel so blessed to be able to teach him and learn with him!
The activity I want to highlight this week is the Writing Activity list for Animal Adaptations. We really loved this book because it helped us think about how God created animals with amazing abilities to adapt, including humans! The writing activities this week were exceptional, really helping Elijah comprehend and process the concepts. For five days the following writing activities were provided:
- Think about and describe the O Line in writing.
- Write about your favorite awesome adaptation read about today.
- Think about and write an informational paragraph about Koko.
- Complete the graphic organizer.
- Think about and then write step-by-step directions for using the letter cards each week to make words.
For more information about the AlphaSkills Read with Sarah curriculum and our family, see the AlphaSkills Blog Introduction.